Far Infrared Sauna
True Wave II™ carbon/ceramic low-EMF heating technology on the back wall, side walls, front wall under the bench, by your calves and in the floor. You are surrounded by infrared heat.
Made with the highest quality Eco Certified Western Red Canadian Cedarwood, which is antiseptic and anti fungal .
Our Infrared Saunas is equipped with a Medical Grade Chromotherapy unit. This chromotherapy unit has 96 LED lights. The remote control allows you to select an individual color or the Auto mode, which will cycle through the various colors every 25 seconds.
Our sauna includes windows for light, roof ventilation, recessed LED accent lights to help set the mood, interior light for reading with beautiful wood lampshade.
A digital keypad both inside and outside your sauna that controls temperature, time and lights, Bluetooth/AUX/MP3 Audio inputs and stereo speakers.
Some health benefits have been documented by various organizations. However, the Reiki Center will state no claims. Certain documentation will be necessary prior to using the sauna. Some benefits MAY include the following as documented by these organizations: assists with musculoskeletal issues; decreases joint stiffness directly; relieves muscle spasms; decrease of pain; increases blood flow; reduces stress; improves circulation; relieves pain and stiffness and improves flexibility.
Again, these are only a few of the benefits that have been documented. Individuals produce individual results. Therefore, it is by trying these modalities that will give you any proof.
Please note: the information contained herein has been compiled from various sources. We make no claims, either expressed or implied, that any products mentioned in this article will cure disease, replace prescription medication, or supersede sound medical advice.
Saunas & Contraindications
Like all professional equipment, you may put yourself at risk if you do not fully understand how to use the sauna.
Infrared sauna use as creating a cure for or treating any disease is neither implied nor should be inferred.
Drinking an electrolyte-replacing water or a sports drink is strongly recommended by the manufacturer before and after use.
If any of the below apply to you, consult your physician prior to sauna use:
- Cardiovascular Issues, Obesity or Diabetes – Individuals suffering from obesity or with a medical history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory problems or diabetes should consult a physician prior to use. Heat stress increases cardiac output and blood flow in an effort to transfer internal body heat to the outside environment via the skin (perspiration) and respiratory system. This takes place primarily due to major changes in the heart rate, which has the potential to increase by thirty (30) beats per minute for each degree increase in core body temperature.
- Medications – Individuals who are using prescription drugs should seek the advice of their personal physician since some medications may induce drowsiness, while others may affect heart rate, blood pressure and circulation. Diuretics, barbiturates and beta-blockers may impair the body’s natural heat loss mechanisms. Anticholinergics such as amitriptyline may inhibit sweating and can predispose individuals to heat rash or to a lesser extent, heat stroke. Some over-the-counter drugs, such as antihistamines, may also cause the body to be more prone to heat stroke.
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse – Contrary to popular belief, it is not advisable to attempt to “sweat out” a hangover. Alcohol intoxication decreases a person’s judgment; therefore, he/she may not realize when the body has a negative reaction to high heat. Alcohol also increases the heart rate, which may be further increased by heat stress. The use of alcohol, drugs or medications prior to a sauna session may lead to unconsciousness.
- Elderly – The ability to maintain core body temperature decreases with age. This is primarily due to circulatory conditions and decreased sweat gland function. The body must be able to activate its natural cooling processes in order to maintain core body temperature. If elderly, operate at a lower temperature and for no more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Children – The core body temperature of children rises much faster than adults. This occurs due to a higher metabolic rate per body mass, limited circulatory adaptation to increased cardiac demands and the inability to regulate body temperature by sweating. When using with a child, operate at a lower temperature and for no more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Chronic Conditions / Diseases Associated With Reduced Ability To Sweat Or Perspire – Multiple Sclerosis, Central Nervous System Tumors and Diabetes with Neuropathy are conditions that are associated with impaired sweating. Consult a physician.
- Hemophiliacs / Individuals Prone To Bleeding – The use of infrared saunas should be avoided by anyone who is predisposed to bleeding.
- Fever & Insensitivity to Heat – Individuals with insensitivity to heat or who have a fever should not use the sauna until the fever subsides.
- Pregnancy – Pregnant women should consult a physician before using an infrared sauna.
- Menstruation – Heating of the low back area of women during the menstrual period may temporarily increase menstrual flow. This should not preclude sauna use.
- Joint Injury – Recent (acute) joint injury should not be heated for the first 48 hours or until the swollen symptoms subside. Joints that are chronically hot and swollen may respond poorly to vigorous heating of any kind.
- Implants – Metal pins, rods, artificial joints or any other surgical implants generally reflect infrared waves and thus are not heated by this system. Nevertheless, you should consult your physician prior to using.
- Pacemakers / Defibrillators – The magnets used to assemble our saunas can interrupt the pacing and inhibit the output of pacemakers. Please discuss with your doctor the possible risks this may cause.
In the rare event that you experience pain or discomfort, immediately discontinue sauna use.
If you have any questions, please call Deborah at 814.207.5294